Kindly Support Me for London Marathon

I am delighted to inform you that I completed the half Marathon yesterday in 4 hours and I am preparing for a new challenge – participating ...

I am delighted to inform you that I completed the half Marathon yesterday in 4 hours and I am preparing for a new challenge – participating in Flora London Marathon on April 22, 2007 to create awareness and raise money for Leukaemia Research the only national charity devoted exclusively to improving treatments, finding cures and learning how to prevent leukaemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma and other lymphomas, myeloma and the related blood disorders, diagnosed in 24,500 people in the UK every year.

I am dedicating my run to Gloria Ademokun, a Royal Navy lieutenant who sadly died of leukaemia in December 2005. If she were to be alive she would have been 40 this year.

Gloria was an inspiration to so many people, both in her nursing career and her outstanding medical work on the front line in Iraq and what she achieved in her lifetime was amazing, and it is an honour to be able to raise awareness of leukaemia in her memory. Aside from her dedicated work for the armed forces, Gloria was also a committed fundraiser for worthy causes, and had completed Leukaemia Research's flagship cycling event the London Bikeathon. Gloria's illness was a major shock and prompted all of her friends and family to campaign for greater awareness of leukaemia. Taking on this run is my way of doing my bit to ensure great people like Gloria do not lose their fight against their terrible blood cancers in the future.

I'm aiming to run the marathon in under 5hours and raise £4000. I would like to ask you to help champion this dream by sponsoring my marathon run by visiting www.justgiving.com/olomu. I know we all get lots of people approaching us for support - but this is a massive challenge.

My London marathon mantra is “I will complete the London Marathon in 6 hours with a smile on my face”

Many thanks in advance for your support

Dayo Olomu

COMMENTS

Name

Charity,4,Ebook,2,Entertainment,11,Events,16,Investment,4,Motivation,29,News,3,Outstanding Personality of the Week,7,People,12,Politics,2,Public Speaking,10,
ltr
item
Dayo Olomu: Kindly Support Me for London Marathon
Kindly Support Me for London Marathon
Dayo Olomu
http://dayoolomu.blogspot.com/2007/03/kindly-support-me-for-london-marathon.html
http://dayoolomu.blogspot.com/
http://dayoolomu.blogspot.com/
http://dayoolomu.blogspot.com/2007/03/kindly-support-me-for-london-marathon.html
true
1575777256546130344
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy