Dayo Olomu’s 2009 Year in Review

My Dear Friends and Colleagues, Each year at this time, I resolve that "Next year is going to be the best year of my life!" (Until...

My Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Each year at this time, I resolve that "Next year is going to be the best year of my life!" (Until the following year). You should do the same. Resolve today to make next year your best year, and then write down seven things that would happen to you if it genuinely was your best year. I learnt this from one of my teachers; Brian Tracy a few years ago.

My spiritual life and personal relationship with my God and my fellow human being is growing stronger and stronger. I achieved one of my spiritual goals which was to complete the Holy Bible. It took me 3 years to complete this goal and now that I have completed it, feels like such a great achievement for me.

The home front is great. I am blessed with a happy and healthy family. My stylish and gorgeous wife, goddess bagged a BA Hons in Business & Management while our first daughter, got admitted to the University of Kent, Canterbury in September. The other children are also doing very well in school, whilst I kept myself fit and healthy and was able to complete this year’s Fleet Half Marathon with a smile on my face.

In terms of my work 2009 remains my best year ever. My speaking schedule was jam-packed. I could barely see straight, let alone handle the demand of 60+ engagements in UK, West Africa and United Arab Emirates. It was a dream and a nightmare at the same time. Next year, I shall be scaling down my speaking schedule so I can spend quality time with my family. I have decided that it is time to stop “pounding the pavement” of the speaking circuit as I have been doing this for the past 13 years. It’s time for a new direction.
I’m now beginning my transition into my new found love—coaching and developing speakers who are eager to create or expand their own speaking business. I hope to launch a new generation of public speakers in the first quarter of next year.

On Monday 31 August, I received the news of the passing of my wonderful mum, Mother Celestial Florence Olomu. It was one of the most challenging moments of my life. I reached an emotional low, the depth of which I didn't think existed but I took solace in the fact that she has gone home to meet the Lord. She was eventually laid to rest on 25 September 2009.

When I look back now to that moment in my life I am really thank God for making it possible for me to give her a befitting burial. If she had died in 1996 when I just relocated to UK and was jobless and penniless, discovering that someone had stolen my identity and used it to open a bank account, collect credit cards and even used it to marry, it could have been disastrous for me. I would not have been able to afford to go to Nigeria to talk, let alone give her a befitting burial.

Towards the end of the year I was appointed as a Leading Faculty trainer with ‘Most kept secret in the world of Personal Development Education in UK, New Generation Academy’. I accepted the offer because I shared one of their aims “To create a unique platform or an avenue where people around the World and Africa in particular will be able to positively and confidently unlock and unleash their inner potentials.” This is in line with one of my plans for Africa which is “to help increase the level of human capital in the continent, increase the number of business leaders & entrepreneurs; develop effective communicators & public speakers; help people to conquer fear, to stop procrastination, to believe in themselves, and to take action so that they can become the person they are destined to be.” New generation Academy will also serve as a catalyst to achieve my long term goal “to impact 1 billion people's lives in a positive way by 2020”

Last year my audio programme, “You Got The Power” was sent to more than 180 countries in September 2008. I was the first speaker and author of African origin in Europe to achieve this feat. I am thankful for this achievement. Due to popular demand, the audio programme will be turned into a book and will be out on or before 25 June 2010.

It was a year of awards. In 2009 I was honoured with five awards - the highest number of awards in my professional life. It started in Lagos in April when I was honoured with the Nigeria’s Ambassador of Hope in the Diaspora; In August I was voted as MC of the Year in UK and in September I was voted UK’s Motivational Speaker of the Year. I also bagged “Merit award for my contributions to the development of music and movie” and another “Merit Award of Excellence for Outstanding Contribution to the development of Arts and Humanity”. I would like to use this medium once more to thank those who voted for me and the organisers of the awards.

I am thankful to God for making it possible for me to be living my dream and passion. This year has been a remarkable year for me and I hope it has also been for you. Congratulations to You for all that you have accomplished in 2009, and may 2010 be the best year of your life.



With best wishes,



Dayo Olomu

PS: It promises to be one of the biggest personal development events in 2010 as DOCCI present 7 incredible speakers in 1 Day. The event will be hosted by award winning motivational speaker Dayo Olomu and is being supported by New Generation Academy. Watch out for details

COMMENTS

Name

Charity,4,Ebook,2,Entertainment,11,Events,16,Investment,4,Motivation,29,News,3,Outstanding Personality of the Week,7,People,12,Politics,2,Public Speaking,10,
ltr
item
Dayo Olomu: Dayo Olomu’s 2009 Year in Review
Dayo Olomu’s 2009 Year in Review
Dayo Olomu
http://dayoolomu.blogspot.com/2009/12/dayo-olomus-2009-year-in-review.html
http://dayoolomu.blogspot.com/
http://dayoolomu.blogspot.com/
http://dayoolomu.blogspot.com/2009/12/dayo-olomus-2009-year-in-review.html
true
1575777256546130344
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy