What I am thankful for at 45 - Dayo Olomu

I turned 45 years old last week. On my birthday my family and I spent the whole day at Brighton beachfront. Later in the evening we went fo...

I turned 45 years old last week. On my birthday my family and I spent the whole day at Brighton beachfront. Later in the evening we went for dinner. Before I retire to bed I spent sometime reflecting on the journey so far.

During my reflection time the thought that came to my mind was the telephone call I received a day before my birthday as I was leaving Tate Britain where I had gone to enjoy contemporary British Art from 1500 to present day. A lovely lady called me to wish me a happy birthday and asked me what I am thankful for am at 45. My response was that I am thankful to God for the gift of life, good health and a wonderful family. These three things are the core of what I am thankful for. I am thankful that I am surrounded by people that care, love and support me; that I am enjoying the products of my dreams and vision; that I am living a live of purpose and passion; that I have not only motivate and inspired people, I have also shared practical, applicable, actionable tactics and strategies for acting on their inspiration and motivation. “That was quite interesting” she replied.
What makes me most fulfilled at 45 is seeing the results in clients and people that I’ve worked with transform right in front of my very eyes as their new choices and new strategies help them live a more fulfilled and empowered life.

I am happy that I have been able to restore belief to many people who have lost it, vision to those who can no longer see and cure many people who suffer from possibilities blindness. I am delighted to be a noble warrior who is winning in different aspects of my life. Winning as described by Israel’s ‘Winning Guru Yehuda Shinar in his book “Think Like a Winner” is someone’s ability to maximise his or her potentials even when under pressure and in competitive situation – while demonstrating constant improvement”. The truth is that I have ‘worked harder on myself than my job.” I got this advised from Jim Rohn.

Discovering, mentoring, coaching and training seven speakers who featured at ‘Invent Your World & Make in Happen’ in April 2010 also gladdens my heart. Mentoring and coaching up and coming speakers is like gaining immortality. If I teach them and they teach others, then what I know lives forever.

To me, being successful is not only achieving my goals, but also helping others to win as well, which I have been doing for the past few years for people and organisations. I believe that it is important to have long and sustainable success.
Since June 2005 when I turned 40 I have lived my life in the full glory of who I am and as a result I am more confident, happier and fulfilled than I have ever been. And because of this change, I am achieving more in a faster time-scale as I am operating from my strength and full potential.

What I enjoyed most about my work, career and business is: 1) making a difference; 2) inspiring and empowering people and organisations and 3) having fun while making a difference & inspiring and empowering people and organisations. Isn’t that GREAT? When work is a pleasure, life is a joy. I believe in what I do – I am paid to make a difference in people’s life – what a great job. I go to work everyday with passion.


My focus now is making a difference and aligning myself with the people and organisations that enable me to make a difference in the world especially in Africa and United Kingdom .
Finally I would be spending more time performing the roles I cherish most in life that of a husband and father.

COMMENTS

BLOGGER: 1
Loading...
Name

Charity,4,Ebook,2,Entertainment,11,Events,16,Investment,4,Motivation,29,News,3,Outstanding Personality of the Week,7,People,12,Politics,2,Public Speaking,10,
ltr
item
Dayo Olomu: What I am thankful for at 45 - Dayo Olomu
What I am thankful for at 45 - Dayo Olomu
Dayo Olomu
http://dayoolomu.blogspot.com/2010/07/what-i-am-thankful-for-at-45-dayo-olomu.html
http://dayoolomu.blogspot.com/
http://dayoolomu.blogspot.com/
http://dayoolomu.blogspot.com/2010/07/what-i-am-thankful-for-at-45-dayo-olomu.html
true
1575777256546130344
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy